ELECTROLIZING® FOR MEDICAL DEVICES
Since 1992 Electrolizing® has housed its sister company ME-92 Operations, Inc. in the same Providence, RI production facility. ME-92 Operations specializes in industry-leading biocompatible coatings for medical tools and devices, offering both the ME-92® coating and the biocompatible version of the AL-COAT® coating specifically suited to medical applications.
THE ME-92 COATINGS IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE, DURABILITY AND APPEARANCE OF MEDICAL TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
ME-92® coatings are precise, biocompatible, and pure metallic chromium coatings for medical, surgical, laboratory, and clean room environments. Highly trained coating professionals and strict process controls allow for a uniform coating that is unparalleled in performance.
The coatings are completely inert, non-magnetic, and USP 10993-10, 10993-6, and 10993-11 tested. It may also interest you to know that Electrolizing® has a sister company, ME-92®, that specializes in biocompatible chromium coatings that were developed for application in the medical device industry.
- Arrests corrosion from sterilization and laser marking while maintaining new appearance
- Increases wear resistance
- Maintains cutting edges
- Provides a hard, scratch resistant, nonstick, and easy clean surface
- Increases surface hardness
- Eliminates galling, fretting, and spalling
- Ability to easily remove and reapply
- Arrests metallic debris and particulate matter
- Provides smooth sliding surfaces
- Reduces high intensity light reflection/refraction and glare
- Provides a long lasting, clean, pristine, and new appearance
- Chemical and detergent resistant
ME-92® MEDICAL DEVICE TESTING SPECIFICATIONS
ME-92 Operations abides by strict testing requirements that meet the needs of the medical device community. Here is a list of our testing capabilities.
- Hydrogen Embrittlement – per ASTM F519
- Salt Spray (50 hour) – per ASTM B117
- Adhesion – per ASTM B571 and BAC5709
- Hardness – per ASTM E384-17 and BAC5709
- Porosity – per AMS 2460
- NAMSA per USP 10993-10, 10993-6, and 10993-11
- Custom testing available per customer specifications
As mentioned, we are able to work with our customers to provide any additional testing requirements.
CONTACT ELECTROLIZING® TODAY
As you can see there are many advantages and reasons to invest in Electrolizing’s chromium coating for medical devices. Contact us to learn more.
NAMSA Test Results: