BIOCOMPATIBLE CHROMIUM COATINGS FOR MEDICAL INSTRUMENTS AND DEVICES
Since 1992 Electrolizing® has housed its sister company ME-92 Operations, Inc. in the same Providence, RI production facility. ME-92 Operations specializes in industry-leading biocompatible coatings for medical tools and devices, offering both the ME-92® coating and the biocompatible version of the AL-COAT® coating specifically suited to medical applications.
THE ME-92 COATINGS IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE, DURABILITY AND APPEARANCE OF MEDICAL TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
ME-92® coatings are precise, biocompatible, and pure metallic chromium coatings for medical, surgical, laboratory, and clean room environments. Highly trained coating professionals and strict process controls allow for a uniform coating that is unparalleled in performance.
The coatings are completely inert, non-magnetic, and USP 10993-10, 10993-6, and 10993-11 tested.
- Arrests corrosion from sterilization and laser marking while maintaining new appearance
- Increases wear resistance
- Maintains cutting edges
- Provides a hard, scratch resistant, nonstick, and easy clean surface
- Increases surface hardness
- Eliminates galling, fretting, and spalling
- Ability to easily remove and reapply
- Arrests metallic debris and particulate matter
- Provides smooth sliding surfaces
- Reduces high intensity light reflection/refraction and glare
- Provides a long lasting, clean, pristine, and new appearance
- Chemical and detergent resistant
ME-92® MEDICAL DEVICE TESTING SPECIFICATIONS
ME-92 Operations abides by strict testing requirements that meet the needs of the medical device community. Here is a list of our testing capabilities.
- Hydrogen Embrittlement – per ASTM F519
- Salt Spray (50 hour) – per ASTM B117
- Adhesion – per ASTM B571 and BAC5709
- Hardness – per ASTM E384-17 and BAC5709
- Porosity – per AMS 2460
- NAMSA per USP 10993-10, 10993-6, and 10993-11
- Custom testing available per customer specifications
As mentioned, we are able to work with our customers to provide any additional testing requirements.
CONTACT ELECTROLIZING TODAY
As you can see there are many advantages and reasons to invest in Electrolizing’s chromium coating for medical devices. Contact us to learn more.
NAMSA Test Results: